1 cucumber, deseeded and cut into small pieces (can be substituted with jicama)
500grams dried fish or dried anchovies (we had delicious danggit from bataan so i used them instead of dilis)
1 finger chili, chopped in small pieces
1 onion (cut into small pieces)
2 tbs wine vinegar (simple vinegar will do)
2 tbs brown sugar (white sugar will do)
1 tb sesame oil (canola oil will do)
1 clove of garlic, minced
dash of salt
dash of pepper
1. cook the onion in oil and add 1 tsp of sugar for caramelization. cook till brown, set aside.
2. fry the dried fish in oil until crispy. cut into bite-size pieces. set aside.
3. mix cucumber, chili, caramelized onion, and dried fish in a bowl.
4. in another cup, mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
5. mix dressing into the cucumber bowl.
6. serve immediately so vegetables and fish remain crunchy.