mom cooked some today and it was perfect for lunch on a rainy sunday. here’s her recipe.
1 large bangus (milkfish)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup calamansi juice
3 medium onions
2 birds eye chili
salt and pepper to taste
1. boil bangus in 1 cup water. add 1/2 teaspon salt in the water while boiling.
2. when cooled, debone bangus and shred into small chunks/strips.
3. on a separate pan, saute onions in butter.
4. when onions are translucent, put in the shredded bangus. season with calamansi juice, salt, pepper and chili. adjust sourness, saltiness and spiciness according to preference.
5. serve hot (or over buttered sizzling plate).
|from the kitchen of Guagua Girl’s mom|